The history of this congregation goes back to two separate Sunday Schools in this community under the leadership of two dedicated women, Mrs. Charles T. Haines and Mrs. Walter J. Shearer, Sr.
On April 25, 1928 at a joint meeting, the two annotated bibliography mla example Sunday Schools united and decided to build a chapel that same year. An offering of $10.24 at Children’s Day program was the nucleus of a fund that eventually led to the building of the present structure. The land was donated by Dr. and Mrs. Charles T. Haines and the ground was broken in June, 1928 and cornerstone was laid in July. In November the building was completed at a total cost of $16,000.00. Dedication services were held on November 4, 1928.
The year 1932 marks the organization of the church, definitely the outgrowth of the Sunday School. The congregation was incorporated by the Berks County Court and was received as a member of the Ministerium of Pennsylvania, a synod of the United Lutheran Church in America.
On Sunday morning, 1965, a ground-breakin cultural identity paper assignment ceremony took place on the south side adjacent to the present building, for the purpose of erecting an educational building. Due to the untiring efforts of few faithful and dedicated church members, the building became a reality. This building provides 12 class rooms, six on either side of the hallway.
In 2001 we aligned ourselves…